Anne Jankeliowitch - Barefoot Books Solar System
A glow-in-the-dark, interactive guide to the Solar System, carefully crafted to make complex STEM concepts like astronomy, physics and chemistry understandable for children aged 8-12. Barefoot Books Solar System joins the celebrated Barefoot Books World Atlas as another standout nonfiction title on Barefoot's list to explore the world and universe.
AGES: 8 to 12
Engineer Anne Jankeliowitch has worked in nature conservation for the World Wildlife Fund and Greenpeace. Her previous books include 50 Ways to Save the Earth (Harry N. Abrams, 2008), Kids Who Are Changing the World (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2014), and Pop-Up Luna (De la Martinière jeunesse, 2018), also illustrated by Annabelle Buxton. She lives in France.
Annabelle Buxton was born in Basingstoke, England, and studied at the Estienne school and the High School of Decorative Arts in Strasbourg. Her artwork appears in exhibitions and comic strips, as well as in the book Pop-Up Luna (De la Martiniere jeunesse, 2018), also written by Anne Jankeliowitch.
• Detailed text, engrossing illustrations and a robust glossary of scientific vocabulary will inform children about the most current scientific advances in space travel and technology and enrich their STEM knowledge.
• Entirely reviewed, edited and updated by astronomer Dr. Carie Cardamone, a professor of STEM education at Tufts University; her experience creating and teaching science activities for kids at the Boston Museum of Science enables her to provide accurate information that is engaging and developmentally appropriate for children.
• With the inclusion of planet names from contemporary Asian and ancient Latin American cultures, as well as information about space exploration launches around the world, Barefoot Books Solar System offers a distinctly global view of astronomy and space exploration.
• Delight aspiring astronauts, astronomers and engineers with an in-depth exploration of our solar system and beyond that will ignite curiosity in kids and adults of all ages.
• Lift-the-flap booklets, a pull-out map of the solar system, gorgeous illustrations and sturdy hardcover binding make Solar System suitable for heavy classroom or library use or as a long-lasting gift.
• Eye-popping glow-in-the-dark ink heightens the kid appeal and makes this book an ideal companion for stargazing adventures beneath the night sky!